Trusted partner in paper-based packaging and solid board
We continuously invest in further growth with future-oriented production methods, innovative machinery and sustainable processes. With smart product design, we fulfil our customers’ needs. Our purpose is to transform recycled natural resources into circular value propositions which contribute to a cleaner world with less waste.
We use our solid board expertise to fulfill the need for sustainability through the application of our circular products, services and benefits for a cleaner world and to reduce the amount of waste in the world.
We provide world-class products including excellent services for each industry by transforming recycled paper-based products into a full range of circular packaging and solid board applications.
Our core values and key behaviors
- We act as one ambitious team
- We are committed to growth
- We develop and execute innovations
- We care about our work’s impact on the environment
- We care about the engagement and safety of our people
- We create partnerships and a win-win for everyone
- We keep our promises and stay execution focused
- We are dedicated to our work and societal responsibilities
- We are result driven and get it right the first time
- We communicate honestly and clearly in all situations
- We value respectful interaction with all stakeholders
- We pro-actively identify and fulfill our customers’ needs
Our story started in 1870
We are one of the oldest cardboard manufacturers in Europe. The foundations of Solidus can be traced back to the North of the Netherlands in the mid-19th century. At the time, the primary industry in the area was agriculture, specifically grain farming. A waste product of the grain industry is straw, which was used to make cardboard.
This all changed by the late 20th century when the raw material for producing cardboard switched from straw to recovered paper. This significantly impacted market dynamics and revolutionised the cardboard industry. The abundance of local producers suddenly became a few global players.
With future-focused production technology and market development, the Solidus Group continues to spread its wings. Supported by a targeted acquisition strategy, together with long-term customers and partners, the company establishes clear value propositions for a cleaner world with less waste.