Multi Skilled Engineer
Location Skipton (United Kingdom)
Multi Skilled Engineer? We need you!
Solidus has an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join the team, the role will be based in Skipton, North Yorkshire, however, very occasionally we may require the engineer to travel to the other UK sites (Corby, Northamptonshire) to assist with complicated breakdowns, projects or performance related issues. The role is full time and permanent.
What are you going to do
Act in the best interests of Solidus when dealing with suppliers, customers and colleagues, demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
Support business processes, promote equality, diversity and Health & Safety environments.
- Be an essential part of the engineering team and ensure the daily efficient running of the site carrying out engineering maintenance, repair and/or installation duties as dictated by business priorities..
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance and installation
- Proactively manage own work to ensure effective maintenance is carried out to schedule.
- Respond to electrical breakdowns
- Ensure where applicable that all work is carried out to the current IEE Wiring Regulations
- Assist in installation / project work
- Respond to all mechanical breakdowns
- Plant-wide lubrication schedules
- Assist with plant condition monitoring
- Assist in installation / project works
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure all relevant aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to at all times in line with current legislation.
- Ensure all relevant daily and safety checks are carried out and recorded.
- Ensure safety equipment is used and kept in a safe operable condition.
- Comply with the requirements of BRC Certification.
- Encourage good levels of site cleanliness and hygiene.
- Always keep production downtime to a minimum.
- Proactively seek and report works and assist in establishing job priorities.
- Monitor minor maintenance carried out by operations colleagues.
- Actively seek spares and take responsibility for ordering of components to ensure their work is followed through to completion.
- Keep budget sheets up-to-date with spend so the engineering manager can manage.
- Achieve agreed departmental objectives in allocated area.
- Attend briefings and meetings as and when required/invited.
- Flexibility with working hours during busy periods, breakdowns and project work.
- Establish an effective working relationship with other team members.
- Apprentice trained with an electrical bias preferred.
- Minimum of City and Guilds level 3 in one of the disciplines.
- 18th Edition certified preferable.
- Ideally 5 years+ experience in a similar industry.
Not essential but desirable.
- PLC interrogation and diagnostic skills.
- Robot programming and diagnostic knowledge.
- A working knowledge of printing, die cutting and gluing machinery for the packaging industry
The job description is not exhaustive. From time to time you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description: but are within you capabilities and where necessary training will be given.
As an Engineer at Solidus, we offer you a challenging position within a dynamic and ambitious international organization that is constantly changing. We offer you an attractive benefits package. And last but not least, a pleasant working environment in which you work together with enthusiastic and driven colleagues. The organization has a very flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths, you will have direct communication with UKBU and sales directors, BU managers, Vendors & Suppliers, Operational & Commercial Supply Chain Colleagues – all levels and Colleagues across the UK business unit as required on a project by project basis.
We are Solidus. Involved with our environment since 1870. With pride in our history, we make circular packaging and sustainable solid board solutions for customers all over the world. In the past from straw, now from recycled paper. Here you get the possibilities. To learn, to develop, to make a difference. We do this with 1500 colleagues throughout Europe. With the passion for technology and driven by progress. Together we contribute to less waste and a cleaner world. An international player and still always close by. Full of innovation, full of new ideas, full of opportunities for everyone. So whatever your talent or ambition is, grow the way you want. Let’s grow together!
Does the position appeal to you and do you want to contribute to the success of Solidus? Then we would like to hear from you. To apply please contact our recruiter Laura Dyson, mobile number: 07958222577 or send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE