Customer Account Manager
Location Skipton (United Kingdom)
We listen, we care, we deliver.
An ambassador for the business and its products, the role is responsible for the management of sales and relationships with new and existing customers against business critical strategically targeted financial outcomes
What are you going to do
The account manager will have a clear understanding of the department’s business objectives and be able to support the team and wider business to effectively deliver them. You will provide focused, dedicated support to all our customers via telephone, email and other required communication methods and be proactive in the continual improvement of customer services, enabling us to fulfil all our customers’ requirements.
- To be the first point of contact for new sales enquiries directly from customers and from the BDM team.
- Ensuring the timely turnaround of new enquiries and other customer requests.
- Accurate processing of orders and credit notes, preparing weekly stock sheets, monthly sales and stock figures, specification sheets and annual waste figures.
- Daily cross functional liaising with external sales team, credit control, the warehouse team, production, and design.
- Being proactive in maintaining our high standard of OTIF by correctly reporting complaints, prompt provision of technical information and responding to customers once the complaint has been investigated and resolved.
- Build strong effective relationships with customers to pre-empt all their needs, including customer site visits with the external sales team.
- To upsell/cross sell where applicable and to outbound call to attract new customers/book appointments for external sales.
- Ensuring CRM systems are kept updated following each contact with customers.
- Updating ERP records to ensure the most up to date customer data is always available.
- Actively assisting in the management of aged stock.
- Attending and participating in the daily team meetings to ensure all members are fully briefed of any changes.
- To achieve KPI’s set for the department and individuals.
- The job description is not exhaustive. From time to time you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description: but are within you capabilities and where necessary training will be given.
- Previous experience of account management/sales.
- Effective and efficient time management prioritising and multi-tasking.
- MS Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, Navision.
- Can demonstrate attention to detail.
- Able to communicate with all members of the business.
- A team player – prepared to help with all tasks.
- Flexible approach to managing work within specific deadlines.
- Experience within the packaging industry.
- Knowledge of print processes.
- Knowledge of Sage 200.
As a Customer Account Manager at Solidus, we offer you a challenging position within a dynamic and ambitious international organization that is constantly changing. We offer you an attractive benefits package. And last but not least, a pleasant working environment in which you work together with enthusiastic and driven colleagues. The organization has a very flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths, you will have direct communication with UK BU and sales directors, BU managers, Vendors & Suppliers, Operational & Commercial Supply Chain Colleagues – all levels and Colleagues across the UK business unit as required on a project by project basis.
We are Solidus. Involved with our environment since 1870. With pride in our history, we make circular packaging and sustainable solid board solutions for customers all over the world. In the past from straw, now from recycled paper. Here you get the possibilities. To learn, to develop, to make a difference. We do this with 1500 colleagues throughout Europe. With the passion for technology and driven by progress. Together we contribute to less waste and a cleaner world. An international player and still always close by. Full of innovation, full of new ideas, full of opportunities for everyone. So whatever your talent or ambition is, grow the way you want. Let’s grow together!
Does the position appeal to you and do you want to contribute to the success of Solidus? Then we would like to hear from you. To apply please contact our recruiter Laura Dyson, mobile number: 07958222577 or send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.