Location Corby (United Kingdom)
Proactive people manager, hard on the content, soft on the relationship
To lead and manage all Health & Safety Act (1974) regulations and BRC certification requirements across the full site and work alongside the Group Compliance manager to make sure all processes & procedures are being adhered to by all employees. You will Maintain & Exceed business target levels of Production outputs, efficiencies and Machine speeds whilst achieving company high quality standards.
To lead & manage the local maintenance teams making sure routine maintenance is strictly carried out on all process lines and the hygiene cleaning aspects are also routinely completed, work alongside the Group engineering Manager to make sure all machine equipment is maintained and operating effectively.
What are you going to do
- Responsible for leading the weekly Health & Safety tours following a set schedule to audit each business area and raise any Unsafe situations & near miss reports, also any potential hazards and Improvement activities, complete any risk assessments and report all of the SHE data to group on a monthly basis.
- Make sure all SSOW are in place for each process area and that all steps are being adhered to by all employees.
- Monitoring First aid requirements across the business.
- Managing Factory infrastructure and relevant building work and Ad-hoc repairs.
- Maintain or exceed A Grade BRC certification by adhering to all standard processes and controls as issued by the BRC including any updates and revisions.
- Work alongside the group compliance manager to handle all Pre-audit assessments and related corrective actions that need putting in place and closing out before any scheduled audits.
- Recruit & Organising the training & development for new employees that require BRC registration.
- See through to completion & satisfactory sign off via the documented BRC procedure any formal customer product complaints and share any findings.
- Lead all Production KPI’s making sure data is visible and communicated to all of the teams focusing on targets & actuals for productive efficiencies, machine speeds, machine stoppages & downtimes, set up times & machine recorded waste then agree and set actions for any KPI not on track.
- Manage & maintain all Lean processes and Continuous improvement activities by pulling and analysing machine data to drive the right behaviors & improvements with detailed trends and capture work being carried out.
- Manage & maintain all Operational SOP’s, training assessments & training records for all employees ensuring enough flexibility for all process lines and shifts, ensuring all personnel have accurate training records.
- Manage & maintain all machine breakdowns with engineering capturing data and analysing machine data to identify any patterns of reoccurring issues and plan in either plan in accordingly or present to Operations director for major works.
- Produce, analyse and make recommendations on reporting data using data collections software (Plant run).
- Manage employee’s development, skills, performance, behaviors & attendance following company procedures and set goals & objectives during one-to-one sessions, manage expectations.
- Manage the overall site absenteeism levels.
- Conduct annual performance management reviews for the employees ensuring all team members are on track and assessed for any corrective actions needed.
- Liaise with HR and or Peninsula to ensure all working practices are current and before introducing new working practices.
- Run full induction program for all new starters to the factory to cover H&S, Production, Warehouse, Quality, BRC & Hygiene, Policies, Procedures, SOP’s, SSOW, employee handbooks.
- MS Office skills in Outlook, Word, Excel, power point & data collection.
- Able to communicate with all members of the business.
- A team player – prepared to help with all tasks.
- Flexible approach to managing work within specific deadlines.
- Exceptional organisation skills a must.
- Strong experience in leading teams.
- Continuous improvement experience.
- Coaching & mentoring able to develop teams.
- Managing conflict can deal effectively with others and reduce tension or conflict.
- Strong H&S focus driving the right behaviours & always priority number one.
- Able to lead by example on all aspects of the business.
- Experience within the packaging industry
- Project management experience is advantageous.
The job description is not exhaustive. From time to time, you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description: but are within you capabilities and where necessary training will be given.
As Operations Manager at Solidus, we offer you a challenging position within a dynamic and ambitious international organization that is constantly changing. We offer you an attractive benefits package. And last but not least, a pleasant working environment in which you work together with enthusiastic and driven colleagues. The organization has a very flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths, you will have direct communication with UKBU and sales directors, BU managers, Vendors & Suppliers, Operational & Commercial Supply Chain Colleagues – all levels and Colleagues across the UK business unit as required on a project by project basis.
We are Solidus. Involved with our environment since 1870. With pride in our history, we make circular packaging and sustainable solid board solutions for customers all over the world. In the past from straw, now from recycled paper. Here you get the possibilities. To learn, to develop, to make a difference. We do this with 1500 colleagues throughout Europe. With the passion for technology and driven by progress. Together we contribute to less waste and a cleaner world. An international player and still always close by. Full of innovation, full of new ideas, full of opportunities for everyone. So whatever your talent or ambition is, grow the way you want. Let’s grow together!
Does the position appeal to you and do you want to contribute to the success of Solidus? Then we would like to hear from you. To apply please contact our recruiter Laura Dyson, mobile number: 07958222577 or send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.