Location Corby (United Kingdom)
Quality is a reflection of you.
Weekly rotating shift pattern – 6am to 2pm Monday to Friday and 2pm to 11pm Monday to Thursday, 2pm to 6pm on a Friday.
- To inspect and manage the machine to their best ability in order to guarantee the production of high quality products.
- To understand various job needs by learning different job types, assessing needs of each job & organizing job sequence.
- To maintain production quality by inspecting all produced materials carefully to identify any errors that might have occurred during production and correct them to prevent client dissatisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is always in good shape by taking preventive maintenance measures and following manufacturer’s maintenance tips.
- When malfunctioning, take the equipment for repairs and liaise with the engineering team, also inquire about new maintenance and operation techniques.
- Inspect all equipment and materials to ensure that they are not in shortage and raise any issues with the production team leader.
What are you going to do
- Operate a Bobst Die Cutting machine
- Set Die cutting machine inserting Die tooling into machine and making sure all creases and waste stripped to company standards.
- Monitor and fine tune machine running speeds to make sure efficiencies are maintained consistently to achieve targets.
- Report to Team Leader & design team with any tooling damages or upgrades / replacements required
- Weekly routine maintenance cleaning down machine working with engineering team to grease and replace any worn parts.
- Learn and Operate other process lines & machines such as folder gluers and printers when requested as part of the companies training and development plans.
- Excellent attention to detail a must.
- Machine Operating Experience essential.
- A team player – prepared to help others.
- Continuous improvement minded.
- Experience within the packaging industry
- Die Cutting operating experience advantageous.
- Forklift driving advantageous due to multi skilled work available.
The job description is not exhaustive. From time to time you may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities which are not included in the above description: but are within you capabilities and where necessary training will be given.
As a Machine Operator at Solidus, we offer you a challenging position within a dynamic and ambitious international organization that is constantly changing. We offer you an attractive benefits package. And last but not least, a pleasant working environment in which you work together with enthusiastic and driven colleagues. The organization has a very flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths, you will have direct communication with UKBU and sales directors, BU managers, Vendors & Suppliers, Operational & Commercial Supply Chain Colleagues – all levels and Colleagues across the UK business unit as required on a project by project basis.
We are Solidus. Involved with our environment since 1870. With pride in our history, we make circular packaging and sustainable solid board solutions for customers all over the world. In the past from straw, now from recycled paper. Here you get the possibilities. To learn, to develop, to make a difference. We do this with 1500 colleagues throughout Europe. With the passion for technology and driven by progress. Together we contribute to less waste and a cleaner world. An international player and still always close by. Full of innovation, full of new ideas, full of opportunities for everyone. So whatever your talent or ambition is, grow the way you want. Let’s grow together!
Does the position appeal to you and do you want to contribute to the success of Solidus? Then we would like to hear from you. To apply please contact our recruiter Laura Dyson, mobile number: 07958222577 or send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.